Medical Device IP: Making Successful calls from the IP Playbook
The 2010 Path to Commercialization seminar series kicks off at Columbus in partnership with BioOhio and addresses key issues about Intellectual Property and its strategic and financial importance. Bringing together leaders from Ohio based institutions for an exciting program which covers various facets of medical device IP, it is a must attend for healthcare start-ups, entrepreneurs and inventors.
3:00 – 3:10 PM
3:10 – 4:05 PM
Building a strategic IP Gameplan
- IP Basics – What to protect & when?
- Patent Timelines and Costs
- Medical method claims – is it worth it?
- Impact of recent case law
- Selecting a good attorney when you are cash strapped
- Tying your IP and Business strategies- Play Defense or Offense?
- Case studies and Lessons Learnt
4:15 – 5:00 PM
IP and Raising Capital
- The typical IP slide in a VC pitch is worth less than you think
- What are the VCs truly looking for?
5:00 – 5:30 PM
SPEAKERS AND PANELISTS
Early Stage Partners.
Director, Commercialization, Cleveland Clinic Innovations.
VP, The Association of University Technology Managers.
Partner, Tarolli, Sundheim, Covell and Tummino LLP.